Very simply, telematics means sending computer based information over long distances.
insurethebox uses telematics technology to help save you money.
How it works
Information is collected from a clever, little box - the in-tele-box - that we fit out of sight in your car. We put the information into ‘Your Portal’, a personalised page on the website which you can look at to see how you are driving.
We have developed this technology to help us reduce the cost of your car insurance by using the data
to help you drive in a safer, more positive way.
If you drive safely you will be able to earn up to 100 Bonus Miles each month. Plus, when you renew,
we will be able to calculate your new premium based on exactly how you drive, and not how all the
other members of your age group drive. Telematics can help you get cheaper car insurance if you are
a safe driver.
How we use telematics information for car insurance purposes
We have introduced this technology to drive down the cost of car insurance and help make the roads safer. We use the information we collect to:
- assess your car insurance risk
- help calculate the cost of your renewal premium
- give safe drivers Bonus Miles each month
- help you if you have an accident
- track the location of your car if it is stolen
- manage your claim after an accident
- have a better overview of an accident to help recover money from the person responsible