Using your claims experience and knowledge combined with excellent negotiation and influencing skills, ensure optimum claims solutions are delivered for the customer and for the business to drive prompt settlement and minimise claims spend.
As part of the claims team you will work collectively to ensure we are always here in our customer’s moment of need. Strive to drive a high level of customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure customer solutions are delivered In line with the policy of insurance and claims handling processes to provide an excellent claims customer experience.
- Play your part in in delivering the business goals, claims strategy and our unique customer proposition, manage claims in line with agreed authority levels, handling guidelines, Claims strategy and culture, complying with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Maintain your own caseload to a high standard, ensuring all actions are documented correctly, and the claims system is kept up to date
- Support development and delivery of the Claims strategy and vision.
- Use claims experience and knowledge of principles of negligence to negotiate with other organisations to achieve the optimum claims settlement in terms of liability and costs.
- Identifying possible fraudulent cases, highlighting indemnity concerns and corroborating circumstances to make accurate liability assessments at the earliest possible stage.
- Recognise the part the box data plays in providing a unique customer proposition and utilise Box data to inform tactical decision making on Claims.
- Strive for first call resolution and take ownership of customer issues; take personal ownership, follow through on promises and keep the customer informed until issues are resolved; at all times, do all that you can to move that claim toward settlement and have in mind ‘What do I need to do to ensure that the customer doesn’t need to contact us again’ to speed up claims settlement and reduce failure demand.
- Respond to feedback given to you, from regular quality audits on Claims files, to grow your own technical capability and that of your team. Take responsibility for your own agreed development actions and wider training needs.
- Work with Claims suppliers, developing partnerships which align to the Claims strategy. Explore, recommend and implement agreed solutions on cases, meeting or exceeding agreed service standards and performance to minimise risk and leakage.
- Support the Claims function in meeting customers’ needs (including adhering to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly) and delivering continuous service improvements.
- Liaise effectively with other departments and other business functions as appropriate to ensure identification and appropriate management of all Claims issues.
- Participate in local projects as and when required, to help ensure change is delivered effectively and on time.
- Be aware of and comply on an ongoing basis with the rules and requirements of the FCA and any other legal/regulatory/risk management frameworks
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Knowledge of motor Claims
- Ability to adopt Claims processes
- Understanding of the FCA regulatory regime, FOS ethos and TCF initiatives
- Ability to plan and organise own workload
- Sound negotiation and influencing skills
- Good level of both verbal and numerical reasoning, analytical, objective, solves problems by developing and applying solutions
- Proficient in using IT word processing and spreadsheet packages
- Understanding of the principles of negligence and how this applies to motor accident liability