About the job
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our IT division, based in Newcastle. You will be responsible for assisting the business with maintaining Continuous Improvement whilst acting as a link between the business and IT.
Your role responsibilities
- Using a range of techniques and choosing the most appropriate to the situation, carry out investigations concerned with uncovering problems and issues. This involves Qualitative and Quantitative investigations and documenting the results.
- Using information gathered from investigations identify needs through the use of a range of techniques, using the most appropriate to the situation. This can involve organisation modelling, business process analysis and business change identification.
- Consider and assess the options that are available to address the business problem or issue. This will involve identifying options, shortlisting options and preparing or assisting in the preparation of the business case.
- Using a range of techniques but primarily concentrating on the production of Epics/User Stories and Acceptance Criteria to enable development and testing of software solutions.
- Project Support. Where assigned, support the project manager(s) in carrying out BA related activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide users with support and training, where necessary, including handover of application changes and post implementation support.
- Produce and maintain all and any documentation associated with the role of business analyst, to a high standard and within the required frameworks. Suggest and high light improvements identified through practical application.
Key skills needed
- Good knowledge of a working IT Environment with an appreciation of Software Development and Systems Architecture.
- Excellent Stakeholder Management skills with the ability to identify and carry out communications strategies appropriate to the individual stakeholders.
- Understanding of the market within which the company is operating. This includes, but is not exclusive to, knowledge of key competitors, market trends and the target demographic.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- A good understanding of the principles behind the RFC process and Project Management Framework.
Nice to have
• Formal project management qualification such as PRINCE2 Foundation
• Formal qualification such as BCS, Business Analysis Practitioner
What we offer in return
We care about our colleagues and their well being and we have been nationally recognised for this. So let us tell you a bit more about what we have to offer. Apart from the competitive salary, we also have fantastic benefits. Focusing on colleague’s health, wealth and lifestyle. We like to think our benefits package is one of the best around!
Healthcare cash plan
Employee Assistance programme
Dr Care anywhere – Virtual GP online service
Group life Assurance
Pension Advisory Service
Insure the box and Drive like a girl discounts
Enhanced Family friendly policy
Safe driving scheme
Season ticket loan
Aioi Nissay Dowa Europe is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).
To apply for this position please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org