Provide timely and high quality administrative support to the Claims Operational teams, where you get it right first time and allow us to collectively meet or exceed agreed service standards.
Working as part of the Claims Support Team, you will manage your time effectively and efficiently, maintaining high levels of productivity, to personally contribute to ensuring the team delivers against their plan.
Key Result Areas
- Handle work allocated to you by your Team Manager in line with agreed authority levels, claims handling guidelines / procedures, and culture.
- Use your experience of claims correspondence to accurately interpret information, update claims data and allocate items to the correct claims workflow.
- Communicating in a confident, professional and positive manner taking time to understand others and their needs in order to maintain positive and productive relationships with colleagues and key contacts within the claims operation and with external claims suppliers.
- Recognising internal and external customers, provide timely and high quality claims administrative support to the Technical Claims and Customer Claims Operations which allow us to collectively meet or exceed agreed service standards and minimise leakage.
- As a claims systems and processes subject matter expert, utilising systems and processes to get it right first time and minimise failure demand.
- Taking time to appreciate your customer’s needs, priorities and understanding the importance of your role in delivering the Claims Strategy, you will be able to prioritise your own work .
- Endeavour to clear daily work load, flagging with your manager at the earliest possible stage any issues that may prevent workload being completed. And, if daily workload is complete you will proactively support other team members to enable team resource to be re-allocated and allow the team to achieve service levels
- Respond to feedback given to you from regular quality audits and take responsibility for your own agreed development actions to grow your own capability.
- Support the Claims function in meeting customers’ needs and delivering continuous service improvements.
- Positively support team colleagues by encouraging, maintaining a positive demeanor, sharing ideas, best practice, developing and helping peers, adapting style to individuals and working together to meet team targets.
- Be aware of and comply on an ongoing basis with the rules and requirements of the FCA and any other legal/regulatory/risk management frameworks
- Complete any other task as may reasonably be required in order to support business needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
Technical skills – Essential
- Proficient in using IT word processing and spreadsheet packages
- Ability to plan and organise own workload
- Good level of both verbal and numerical reasoning, analytical, objective, solves problems by developing and applying solutions
- Ability to learn new systems and processes