- To provide an efficient and effective front line claims service to customers
- To provide a customer service role, process claims using a manual system and respond to enquiries in a professional manner.
- Handle own allocation of claims across all claims disciplines, in line with agreed authority levels, handling guidelines and procedures, claims strategy and culture. Ensure claims are settled quickly and cost effectively
Key Result Areas
- Support development and delivery of the claims strategy and vision
- Be a claims systems and processes subject matter expert, developing systems and processes which support the agreed claims strategy. When necessary, review data, identifying trends and anticipating behavior and communicate these patterns and results within the business at the appropriate level
- Handle own allocation of claims across all claims disciplines, in line with agreed authority levels, handling guidelines and procedures, claims strategy and culture. Utilise Box data to inform tactical decision making on claims
- Respond to feedback given to you, from regular quality audits on claims files, to grow your own technical capability and that of your team. Take responsibility for your own agreed development actions and wider training needs
- Work with claims suppliers, developing partnerships which align to the claims strategy. Explore, recommend and implement agreed solutions on cases, meeting or exceeding agreed service standards and performance to minimise risk and leakage
- Support the claims function in meeting customers needs (including adhering to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly) and delivering continuous service improvements
- Liaise effectively with other Departments and other business functions as appropriate to ensure identification and appropriate management of all claims issues
- Participate in local projects as and when required
- Be aware of and comply on an ongoing basis with the rules and requirements of the Financial Services Commission (FSC) and any other legal/regulatory/risk management frameworks
- Complete any other task as may reasonably be required in order to support business needs
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Knowledge of motor claims
- Ability to adopt claims processes
- Understanding of the FSC regulatory regime, FOS ethos and TCF initiatives
- Ability to plan and organise own workload
- Sound negotiation and influencing skills
- Good level of both verbal and numerical reasoning, analytical, objective, solves problems by developing and applying solutions
- Proficient in using IT word processing and spreadsheet packages
- Dealing with Personal Injury claims arising from Road Traffic Accidents
- Experience of dealing with Fast Track Personal Injury Claims both within the MOJ Portal and RTA Protocol.
- Be able to handle own caseload of claims from first notification through to negotiating final settlement
- Ability to stay up to date with market changes/developments regarding Personal Injury claim management
- Knowledge and experience of the CPR
- To demonstrate excellent customer service skills and ability to meet departmental and individual targets.
- Able to communicate at all levels, work well within a team environment and to use own initiative.