Job Title: Claims Customer Agent
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Hours: Full Time
- Provide an excellent claims customer experience ensuring customer solutions are delivered in line with the policy of insurance and claims handling processes.
- Handle own allocation of Claims across all Claims disciplines, in line with agreed authority levels, handling guidelines and procedures, Claims strategy and culture. Ensure claims are settled quickly and cost effectively
- As part of the claims team you will work collectively to ensure we are always here in our customer’s moment of need. Strive to drive a high level of customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
Key Result Areas:
- Support development and delivery of the Claims strategy and vision.
- Be a Claims systems and processes subject matter expert, developing systems and processes which support the agreed Claims strategy. When necessary, review data, identifying trends and anticipating behavior and communicate these patterns and results within the business at the appropriate level.
- Handle own allocation of Claims across all Claims disciplines, in line with agreed authority levels, handling guidelines and procedures, Claims strategy and culture. Utilise Box data to inform tactical decision making on Claims.
- Respond to feedback given to you, from regular quality audits on Claims files, to grow your own technical capability and that of your team. Take responsibility for your own agreed development actions and wider training needs.
- Work with Claims suppliers, developing partnerships which align to the Claims strategy. Explore, recommend and implement agreed solutions on cases, meeting or exceeding agreed service standards and performance to minimise risk and leakage.
- Support the Claims function in meeting customers’ needs (including adhering to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly) and delivering continuous service improvements.
- Liaise effectively with other departments and other business functions as appropriate to ensure identification and appropriate management of all Claims issues.
- Participate in local projects as and when required.
- Be aware of and comply on an ongoing basis with the rules and requirements of the FCA and any other legal/regulatory/risk management frameworks.
- Complete any other task as may reasonably be required in order to support business needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of motor Claims
- Ability to adopt Claims processes
- Understanding of the FCA regulatory regime, FOS ethos and TCF initiatives
- Ability to plan and organise own workload
- Sound negotiation and influencing skills
- Good level of both verbal and numerical reasoning, analytical, objective, solves problems by developing and applying solutions
- Proficient in using IT word processing and spreadsheet packages
- Sound knowledge of motor claims
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for this role then please forward your CV to email@example.com .
Good luck with your application! We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.