About the job
We are looking for a Credit Control Team Manager to join our Service department, based in Newcastle. You will be responsible for supporting the business to achieve objectives around reducing the company debt book on business and consumer accounts; by driving and managing the credit control team’s performance, around off line administration tasks and all sources of customer contact SMS, email, inbound/outbound calls and letters.
Your responsibilities will also include
• Manage the team around reducing outstanding and potential future consumer and business debt whilst providing an exceptional service to all, by ensuring that all credit control/collections processes are implemented and followed by all within agreed SLA’s/timeframes.
• Ensuring that all daily task lists and mailboxes are worked and actioned within agreed SLA’s by the team. In employee absence ensuring that the task is covered to ensure agreed SLA’s are met.
• Manage the team to ensure they are effectively and efficiently performing in line with credit control, KPI’s, expectations, polices, processes and procedures, whilst supporting individuals to recognise, meet and grow their potential, setting and achieving actions on their own performance, allowing them to develop further if desired.
• Ensuring the team are providing exceptional customer service, in line with the credit control department’s expectations, through undertaking weekly quality audits, delivering effective and timely feedback/coaching to individuals, identifying and supporting individual development actions or wider training needs
• Identify any trends, coaching or L&D requirements through management processes and regular reviews of your team’s performance, ensuring these are fed back via the correct channel. Support training roll out sessions for continuous improvement and success of the credit control department
Key skills needed
• Proven experience of managing large volume consumer or business debt books
• A very good understanding of credit and debt management processes
• Experience working with 3rd parties (DCA’s)
• Strong leadership and development skills
• Ability to manage team performance to achieve business targets
• Strong attention to detail and methodical approach.
• Positive approach to providing excellent customer service.
• The ability to communicate with ease and confidence at all levels, ensuring that information is conveyed effectively written and verbal.
• Able to assess situations within your role and make a decision with a positive outcome, whilst considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Trustworthy and approachable, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
What we offer in return
We care about our colleagues and their wellbeing. We have been nationally recognised for this.
Let us tell you a bit more about what we have to offer. Apart from the competitive salary, we also have fantastic benefits. We focus on our colleague’s health, wealth and lifestyle. We like to think our benefits package is one of the best around! Here is an example below on what you can expect.
Healthcare cash plan
Employee Assistance programme
Flu Jab Dr Care anywhere – Virtual GP Group life assurance
Pension Advisory Service Insure the box and Drive like a girl discounts
Enhanced Family friendly policy
Safe driving scheme
Season ticket loan
Aioi Nissay Dowa Europe is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).
To apply for this role, please send your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org