Job Title: Credit Control Team Manager
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Hours: Full time
To support the business to achieve objectives around reducing the company debt book; by driving and managing the credit control teams performance, around off line administration tasks and all sources of customer contact SMS, email, inbound/outbound calls and letters.
• Manage the team around reducing outstanding and potential future customer debt to the business whilst providing an exceptional service to all customers, by ensuring that all credit control/collections processes are implemented and followed by all within agreed SLA’s/timeframes.
• Ensuring that all daily task lists and mailboxes are worked and actioned within agreed SLA’s by the team. In employee absence ensuring that the task is covered to ensure agreed SLA’s are met.
• Manage the team to ensure they are effectively and efficiently performing in line with credit control, KPI’s, expectations, polices, processes and procedures, whilst supporting individuals to recognise, meet and grow their potential, setting and achieving actions on their own performance, allowing them to develop further if desired.
• Ensuring the team are providing exceptional customer service to all customers, in line with the credit control department’s expectations, through undertaking weekly quality audits, delivering effective and timely feedback/coaching to individuals, identifying and supporting individual development actions or wider training needs.
• You strive to achieve your own individual objectives relating to quality audits and performance taking a can do, positive approach around increasing your knowledge, embrace and act upon feedback.
• Understand and take pride in your contribution towards the success of the business by striving to achieve the best in all areas of your performance, resulting in the achievement of departmental and individual objectives relating to performance, quality and customer satisfaction.
• Update daily, weekly and monthly accurate performance, work flow and task reports, circulating these to your team and the wider group (Senior Management team) within agreed timescales.
• When performing tasks maintaining accurate information on each account, current commercial campaigns, FCA and DPA requirements, by following the company policies and procedures.
• Serve as an ambassador for the company and acting as a referral point for any credit control/collections questions, issues or matters that may require escalation. You display a leading by example approach when dealing with internal or external colleagues/ customers ensuring you are professional, approachable, respectful and efficient at all times
• Identify any trends, coaching or L&D requirements through management processes and regular reviews of your team’s performance, ensuring these are fed back via the correct channel. Support training roll out sessions for continuous improvement and success of the credit control department.
• Respond and manage positivity towards change and adapt quickly to meet business needs or deadlines. You continually provide and review MI, feeding back and manage any identified trends that may anticipate behaviour within the team. Where required making recommendations to and contributing to improving the processes within the credit control team.
• Keeping up to date of service, credit control and HR processes and policies to ensure your adapting to changes implemented, at all times conduct yourself in a positive and professional manner, acting as a role model for your team, adhering to and managing the set HR policies and procedures at all times, fairly and consistently within given timescales.
• You operate within the rules and requirements of the FCA and any other legal, regulatory and risk management frameworks, ensuring all changes, new changes and procedures are implemented, understood and adhered to by you and your team.
What knowledge & experience do I need?
• Good negotiation and influencing skills.
• Leadership and development.
• Managing performance.
• Strong attention to detail and methodical approach.
• Positive approach to providing excellent customer service.
• Proficient computer skills.
• The ability to communicate with ease and confidence at all levels, ensuring that information is conveyed effectively written and verbal.
• Able to assess situations within your role and make a decision with a positive outcome, whilst considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Pro-actively manage your own time to ensure that all role expectations are achieved.
• Work well within a team and are also able to work on your own initiative.
• Trustworthy and approachable, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for this role then please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Good luck with your application! We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: 11/12/2017