About the job
We are looking for a Customer Team Leader to join our Service division, based in Newcastle. As part of the service team you will manage and drive the performance of your team members, to ensure an effective, efficient seamless frontline service is achieved, whilst meeting departmental goals, objectives and expectations.
Your role responsibilities
- Manage on and off line activity within budget allowance, to ensure that agreed telephony and task SLA’s for the service department are achieved.
- Ensure your team are providing exceptional customer service to all customers, in line with the service department’s expectations, through undertaking regular timely quality audits, delivering effective feedback/coaching to individuals, identifying and supporting individual development actions or wider training needs.
- Support individuals to recognise, meet and grow their potential, setting and achieving actions on their own performance, allowing them to develop further if desired.
- Strive to achieve your own individual objectives relating to quality audits and performance taking a can do, positive approach around increasing your knowledge, embrace and act upon feedback.
- Serve as an ambassador for the company and acting as a referral point for any questions, issues or matters that may require escalation. You display a leading by example approach when dealing with escalations, or communicating with internal or external customers ensuring these are conducted respectfully and professionally.
- You continually provide and review MI, feeding back and manage any identified trends that may anticipate behaviour within the team.
- Keep up to date of service and HR processes and policies to ensure your adapting to changes implemented, carrying out and managing these fairly and consistently within given timescales.
Key skills needed
- Good level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive approach in all areas, to ensure an excellent customer service is provided overall.
- Pro-active, use initiative and problem solving.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach.
- Actively seeks to develop own skills and knowledge, striving to reach maximum potential as an individual and within the department.
- Trustworthy and approachable, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Leadership and Development.
Nice to have
- An understanding of the principles of insurance/Motor insurance rating factors.
- Awareness of ICOB rules
What we offer in return
We care about our colleagues and their wellbeing and we have been nationally recognised for this. So let us tell you a bit more about what we have to offer. Apart from the competitive salary, we also have fantastic benefits. Focusing on colleague’s health, wealth and lifestyle. We like to think our benefits package is one of the best around!
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance programme
- Flu Jab Dr Care anywhere – Virtual GP
- Group life Assurance
- Pension Advisory Service Insure the box and Drive like a girl discounts
- Enhanced Family friendly policy
- Safe driving scheme
- Tastecard Season ticket loan
- Cycle scheme
Aioi Nissay Dowa Europe is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).