Job Title: Senior OpenText Process Suite Developer
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000
Insure The Box is the UK market leader in telematics car insurance and technology is at the heart of our business. We are growing our development team in the north east of England and are seeking a Senior OpenText Process Suite Developer with a passion for technology who wants to see their work have a direct impact on the success of the business.
As a member of the Software Delivery Team you will be working in a fast paced, dynamic and agile environment where change is the norm and we release software to the business every two weeks.
The successful applicant can expect to do the following:
- Work within the team to design, develop and test software using OpenText Process Suite.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the Software Delivery Team through the use of good technical practices for Process Suite development and deployment.
- Promote technical excellence in the team by developing clean and well tested code.
- Actively participate in an agile environment that promotes collaboration and communication.
The successful candidate must have extensive commercial experience with the following tools and technologies:
- OpenText Process Suite (ideally version 10.6 or higher)
- The Java programming language
- XML, XSD and XSLT
- SOAP web services
- Databases such as MySQL and MS SQL Server
Experience with the following tools and technologies is desirable, but not essential:
- Version control systems such as Subversion and GIT
- Application servers such as Tomcat and JBoss
- Python or similar scripting languages
- Linux tools and CLI
- CI tools such as Jenkins
- Test automation tools such as SoapUI
- Public cloud IaaS such as AWS EC2
We are looking for people with a passion for software development who thrive in an open and collaborative environment as part of a team.
The following is desirable of candidates, but not essential:
- An understanding of agile software development methodologies such as Scrum.
- Education to degree standard or equivalent within a computing related field.
- Industry recognised qualifications such as OCP Java Programmer.
- An understanding of the UK Motor Insurance market.
We are looking for great people and provide great benefits in return.
We offer a competitive salary in the range of £40,000 to £50,000 per year based on experience with the opportunity for career progression. Our benefits package includes company pension contribution, life assurance and optional benefits such as buying and selling holidays, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
We are located in a bright and modern office that promotes teamwork and collaboration. There is free parking onsite and we are easily accessible via public transport. We are only a short journey from Newcastle Upon Tyne city centre, with excellent pubs, restaurants, and a vibrant art and theatre scene.
Please note that candidates must be able to legally reside and work in the UK at the time of application.
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for this role then please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck with your application! We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.