Job Title: Service Delivery Manager
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Hours: Full time
To support the respective Heads of our operational areas by developing and managing the resource plan for either the Service or Claims operational area, as appropriate, and the operational delivery of such by matching resources and skills to meet the fluctuating demand for services thus supporting the operational functions in controlling financial outlay, delivering an exceptional customer experience, meeting contracted SLAs and improving operational efficiency.
- Support the operational management team of either Service or Claims through the creation of consistent daily, weekly and monthly management information. Utilise this management information to make recommendations and inform planning activities for the next reporting period.
- Develop resource requirements, plans and shift patterns based on policy / claims projections and the associated demands that support the operational priorities.
- Dynamic monitoring and corrective reaction to fluctuations in work demand across the multi-skilled operational teams. Take proactive and thoughtful action to restore service levels as quickly as possible, amending shifts, offering overtime (within monthly budget agreements from the Director of Operations), and making adjustments to team member skilling profiles.
- Review work arrival patterns and create future volume forecasts for workloads working with historical data, seasonal trending, new business, renewal, live policy and claims volume forecasts as well as any other known factors to plan for department performance and budget plans in line with desired performance levels.
- Manage and develop work force management reports to improve planning accuracy, ensuring that these are accurate and current, to be able to support recommendations around shift patterns and recruitment requirements.
- Oversee occupancy and shrinkage for the operational areas, planning all aspects of an agent’s day from start to end with the planning of breaks/lunches, approving or declining holidays, planned off line time, training sessions, meetings and briefings. Reviewing team member flexible working requests and making recommendations around acceptance or decline to the heads of departments to sign off.
- Serving as an ambassador for the Company and acting as a referral point for any questions, issues or matters relating to the internal telephony system and telephony or scheduling reports. Displaying a leading by example approach when communicating with internal or external customers ensuring these are conducted respectfully and professionally. At all times you are FCA compliant and adhere to all internal processes.
- Create and maintain accurate department performance reports, ensuring sufficient commentary is provided, to enable the tracking and monitoring of actuals against expectations. Provided to both internal and (where applicable) external stakeholders.
- Understand and take pride in your contribution towards the success of the business by striving to achieve the best in all areas of your performance, resulting in the achievement of departmental and individual objectives.
- Maintain the administration of an up to date and effective telephony system; manage change requests between ITB & Cirrus from initial planning, through development, to testing and rollout of telephony services and improvements.
- Proactively engage with and maintain effective relationships with colleagues in the operational management teams, other departments, external suppliers and the group.
- Keeping up to date on the Company’s processes and policies to ensure you’re adapting to changes implemented, at all times conducting yourself in a positive and professional manner, acting as a role model, adhering to and where applicable, managing the set policies and procedures at all times, fairly and consistently within given timescales.
- You operate within the rules and requirements of the FCA and any other legal, regulatory and risk management frameworks, ensuring all changes and new procedures are implemented, understood and adhered to by you.
- As required, providing support to your counterpart in the Service / Claims operational areas to ensure that the agreed service delivery is provided and SLAs for multiple work streams are achieved, via the day to day management of telephony, setting priorities based on planned tasks and planned call volumes. Monitoring of the staffing/shrinkage and making changes where required to support unplanned absence.
- Provide support and assistance, as required, for their counterpart in the role of Service Delivery Manager for Service / Claims and for individuals providing absence cover for such.
What knowledge & experience do I need?
- Good level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of developing forecasts and staffing schedules to achieve desired levels of service
- Sound understanding of the various work demands within the operational areas.
- Commercial awareness of the key drivers of operational effectiveness
- Good level of verbal and written communication skills
- Good level of verbal and numerical skills and be able to problem solve.
- Good understanding of strategies to achieve telephony service levels.
- Positive approach in all areas, to ensure an excellent customer service is provided overall.
- Pro-active, use initiative and problem solving.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach.
- Trustworthy and approachable, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to share best practice.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills.
- Excellent use of Microsoft packages and internal telephony systems.
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for this role then please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com,
Good luck with your application! We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Ensuring your personal data is handled and managed securely is extremely important to us. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org