Your premium already takes into account the miles you use and the fact that your vehicle may not always be in use. However if you are not going to need your vehicle to be covered for a prolonged period of time because you are not planning to drive your car, you can make a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) to the Driver & Vehicle Licencing Agency (DVLA). Once the vehicle is legally declared off road you will not require insurance cover on the vehicle and you can contact us to arrange the suspension of your policy.

However, please be aware that you will be required to continue payments for the full term. During the suspension period the policy will not be valid, but at the end of the policy year you will still be entitled to your No Claim Discount (NCD) as long as you have not made a claim. You can reactivate your policy at any time and you will still benefit from your full remaining miles. If you would like to suspend your policy, please speak to one of our agents via Live Chat.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.