About the job
We are looking for a Customer Claims Agent to join our Claims division, based in Newcastle. You will be responsible for ensuring optimum claims solutions are delivered to customers and third parties to drive prompt efficient settlement.
Your responsibilities will also include
- Ensure customer solutions are delivered In line with the policy of insurance and claims handling processes to provide an excellent claims customer experience.
- Make necessary investigations and decisions on liability and quantum, identifying possible fraudulent cases, highlighting indemnity concerns and corroborating circumstances to make accurate liability assessments at the earliest possible stage.
- Ensure creative and effective solutions are delivered to provide and excellent claims third party customer experience and meet third party capture targets
- Maintain your own caseload to a high standard, ensuring all actions are documented correctly, and the claims system is kept up to date
- Use claims experience and knowledge of principles of negligence to negotiate with other organisations to achieve the optimum claims settlement in terms of liability and costs.
- Recognise the part the box data plays in providing a unique customer proposition and utilise Box data to inform tactical decision making on Claims.
- Strive for first call resolution and take ownership of issues; take personal ownership, follow through on promises and keep the customer informed until issues are resolved; at all times, do all that you can to move that claim toward settlement and have in mind ‘What do I need to do to ensure that the customer doesn’t need to contact us again’ to speed up claims settlement and reduce failure demand.
Key skills needed
- Knowledge of motor Claims
- Understanding of the FCA regulatory regime, FOS ethos and TCF initiatives
- Ability to plan and organise own workload
- Sound negotiation and influencing skills
- Good level of both verbal and numerical reasoning, analytical, objective, solves problems by developing and applying solutions
- Proficient in using IT word processing and spreadsheet packages
- Understanding of the principles of negligence and how this applies to motor accident liability
What we offer in return
We care about our colleagues and their well being. We have been nationally recognised for this.
Let us tell you a bit more about what we have to offer. Apart from the competitive salary, we also have fantastic benefits. We focus on our colleague’s health, wealth and lifestyle. We like to think our benefits package is one of the best around!
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance programme
- Flu Jab is offered onsite during the flu season to protect you against the unpredictable flu virus
- Dr Care anywhere – Virtual GP
- Group life assurance
- Pension Advisory Service
- Insure the box and Drive like a girl discounts
- Enhanced Family friendly policy
- Safe driving scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle scheme
To apply for this role send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org