Northamptonshire Police and Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service are hosting a road safety day at Rockingham Circuit. The event will take place on Saturday 2nd April from 10am-3pm.
The aim is to provide a fun day out for families, both non-drivers and drivers, but the serious motivation for holding the day is to help cut the number of people being killed or injured on Northamptonshire’s roads.
[symple_box color=”gray” text_align=”left” width=”100%” float=”none”] Fact: Between January 2012 and December 2014, there were 863 injury collisions involving young car drivers (aged 17-25).
Activities on the day include:
- Emergency services teams work together to show you how they manage road traffic collisions
- Police car pursuits: police manoeuvre demos
- Drive a lorry experience: discover the blindspots
- Fire service vehicles and gadgets display
- Fire and police cadet activities
- Cycle safety, bike etching, sales and raffle
- Car safety – crime prevention advice
- Junior road safety quiz
- Bouncy castle, face painting and rides in a police car
- Child car safety seat checks
- Driving simulators: test your driving skills
- Advanced rider bike course: have a go on your motorbike
- CarKraft: young driver taster sessions (ages 15-25 year olds)
- And many more!
The event is free so if you live in the area feel free to pop along. You can also help spread awareness by sharing posts from the Northamptonshire Police and Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service Facebook pages, and using the hashtag #openroads2016 on Twitter.
Source: Northants Police’s website.