It’s a well-worn notion in the media that young drivers are seen as a bad risk by insurance companies and their cover is priced to reflect the fact that the insurer expects to have to pay out on the policy. And yes, the road traffic accident statistics are pretty damning when it comes to the number of young drivers, aged 17 to 24, who are involved in accidents.
However, here at insurethebox, we believe that not all young drivers are reckless and they should not all be tarred with the same brush or, worse still, priced off the road. Instead, we believe that if the safety message is shouted loudly enough, and that young people are encouraged to drive well, then young driver car insurance shouldn’t have to be sky high.
How is insurethebox young driver car insurance different?
We use telematics technology, in the form of a small device fitted into the insured’s vehicle, to monitor several aspects of the driver’s road behaviour. Drivers who show that they are safe and responsible on the roads are rewarded during the life of their policy, and, at renewal, the price of their cover may well reflect their good driving record for the year.
insurethebox wants drivers to take road safety seriously and we have teamed up with safety education provider Learn2Live as we believe their message is one which every new driver should take on board.
We also provide heaps of information for young drivers on all sorts of issues relating to safe motoring – from taking a Pass Plus Course for more experience and learning after passing a driving test, to the effects drugs and alcohol on a driver’s ability to function behind the wheel.
For more information about safe driving, road safety campaigns and how our telematics car insurance for young drivers can make a difference, please click on any of the articles below. Or, if you would like to get a car insurance quote now, why not click on the “Get a Quote” button and you could have telematics technology on your side today.
- Car insurance to help keep young drivers safe
- Newly qualified driver car insurance for safe motorists
- Young driver car insurance and the dangers of sleep
- The dangers of drugs and alcohol
- First time car insurance for those who drive safely
- Car insurance for young drivers who use a seatbelt
- Young driver attitudes to drink driving
- Road safety is key for young drivers
- Staying safe on different types of roads
- The Pass Plus scheme and car insurance for new drivers
- Don’t let road rage get you
- Car insurance for new drivers and penalty points
- Holders of car insurance for young drivers and positive steering
- Campaign launched for young drivers
- Motorway driving tips
- Facebook for young drivers